Logo

Remove oil injection 87 150 hp Blackmax

arild_johannessen

Contributing Member
I am thinking of remove the oil injection and run with oil mixed gas,,because I have a defect oil warning module.
And I dont thrust the system since the engine is quite old.
Can I just remove the oilpump with the shaft driving the pump and blind the hole,and remove the oil warning module with its wires?
The cooling warning will still work ,wont it?
Other things I have to do?

Those oil pumps are driven by a plastic gear on the crankshaft ! -------One way to do this is to simply remove the pump discharge and tee it into the oil feed line to the pump. ------them mix gas and oil at 50:1---------unhook wires from oil tank and from the oil pump ( if equipped with a sensor ) , overheat will still work.Test to to see if in fact your overheat is still working.

Racerone...My oil injection was disconnected some time ago for I think the same reason as Arild.. I do not get any alarm sound when I turn the key to my '95 Mag III. How does one test to see that the overheat alarm is working?? I do have a temp indicator and seldom if ever get to 3/4 of the gauge. Thanks for your help on this site...BF

Find where the tan coloured wire from the cylinder head goes to a small plastic block.--------------Turn the key to on.-----------Take a small wire jumper and go from the screw that holds the tan wire to the block.----Horn should sound.

Racerone!

What do you mean with: One way to do this is to simply remove the pump discharge and tee it into the oil feed line to the pump. ------them mix gas and oil at 50:1

Do you mean put the oil feed line into the fuel pump or?
Can`t I just remove all the oil components, including the warning module,blind the hole.
I have tested the overheat warning and its working even with the oil warning module wires disconnected.

I think it is simple and clearly stated , but----------You can follow the suggestion and turn the pump into a recirculating pump.Or you can remove it and do whatever you wish to do.-------------If all the oil injection parts are there then that may come into play at resale time.-------Simply put it is your choice.

Last edited:
I think it is simple and clearly stated , but----------You can follow the suggestion and turn the pump into a recirculating pump.Or you can remove it and do whatever you wish to do.-------------If all the oil injection parts are there then that may come into play at resale time.-------Simply put it is your choice.

Ok. Last question: does the plastic gear driven by the crankshaft get lubricated from oil-feeding through the
pump,or ?

Sorry if I dont get the "point",I am norwegian and doesn`t always understand every word or the meaning of them.

eks: pump discharge

The gears inside the motor will be lubricated by the oil mixed with the gas and no difference there between the 2 modes of operation.------The outlet line of the oil pump can be hooked up to the oil pump inlet using a " tee " in the inlet line.------------Block off where the oil outlet went into the fuel pump inlet.

Thanks Racerone!

Now I understand,I Was a little bit afraid fore the plastic crankshaft-driven gear ,thought it was
lubricated through the oil pump.

Your suggestion are clearly the best,easy to put it back like it was if wanted and no removing of pump.

Thank you very much fore helping me!!!

Racerone I finally got around to checking on the alarm horn. I found the tan wire and traced it til it got to the wire bundle that goes to the shifter box. I did not find a small plastic box...What did I miss? Thanks ...BF

Back