Logo

Morse 43C cable ends

diver_dave

Advanced Contributor
Hi; I am working with a bit worn cable system, and the cable ends inside the Morse SR controls use what looks like a copper square metal piece a couple inches long, taking the 1/4-28 cable end and transition to the SR mechanism. I can't find that part on either the teleflex website or even my older marine catalogs. Anyone know if these are still avail? It's not really a clevis and isn't the plastic stuff that the 33C cable uses either.

DD - what exactly do you mean when you say "transition(s) to the SR mechanism"? I've go SR's (but with the 33C cables) and have made up many different ends for others.
Going on memory, the SR uses a 1/4" pin to connect the control's arm to the cable end. Various sources provide clevis, pivot, terminal eye, and balljoints for making this connection. based on your text, not really sure what you have...my best guess is you that you have a custom made end ???
I'd start with the 029025 clevis end...takes the 1/4-28 cable end and provides a clevis taking a 1/4" pin.

The 43C cables require an adapter kit to work with the Morse SR controls. This mid 70's Bertram uses what appears to be 3/8" brass key stock with a 1/4-28 up one end and the cross hole at the other, 2" long. The cross hole is now sloppy, there are some 12 of these on the boat. PHone call to Teleflex did not prove fruitful, but these will be easy to make at a machine shop.

So why won't the clevis ends work? My SR's have a 1/4 ID hole at the ends of the control arms, where the cable adapter connects.

If you are taking the trip to the machine shop, you may wanna consider boring out the existing cross holes and locktiting in a bushing to get rid of the existing slop...just food for thought.

Back