Logo

M50C

Mulleteater

I have an M50C on my CC I just got it back from the shop where they replaced the CD Unit when I returned home I noticed that they had removed the electronic govenor. The motor ran fine so I didnt say anything. Took it out yesterday trolling ran fine for about 6 hours was down a little on power but still ran good started home and it would only run 4 knots was backfiring and jerking real bad. Today I pulled the flywheel and cleaned the trigger and exciter coils also the inside of the flywheel did make and difference in how it runs. I dont believe it is fuel related it sounds and runs like a car when you cross two plug wires. Is there a way to check the coils?

Thanks you any help would be apreciated

Your shop should be able to help you under their repair warranty. The ESG is only a speed limiter; it shouldn't affect/cause crossfiring. There is a whole series of resistance test you can make to diagnose the ignition system. Beware that a 35-year-old obsolete motor will have limited parts availability; Beware the money pit. You can drop me an email: [email protected] and I can help you with the diagnostics.

Back