Logo

How do I remove VRO from 225 High Output Johnson

Unless you can mount a different fuel pump you cannot just remove the VRO, it is also the engine fuel pump. You will need to post the actual complete engine model number so we can direct you to the correct set up.

Maybe I mislead you, how do I disable the VRO and what wires do I need to also disconnect so the warning alarm doesnot sound? From some of the forums I understand I need to unlug the Black and Tan wires coming from the VRO side but had read that there is also a 4 wire plug that has to be disconnected and taped or covered.... is tape true or it just the black and tan from the VRO?

Just unplug the vro cut the oil line and plug it up with a bolt and a clamp. Good to go. I would remove the pulse line and make sure there is no fuel present. If there is you need a new pump.

Chris thanks again, the motor doesn't have many hours on it at all and runs like new ever since I had the Carbs rebuilt from sitting, but they recommended I remove the VRO as most of their work comes from VRO failures plus those I know that have had problems!

Back