Logo

Where o where has my gear oil gone

J

James King

" this is a 1975 chrysler 75 h

" this is a 1975 chrysler 75 horse outboard.just did the lower unit after upper bearing failure.new bearing and seal,water pump.filled lower unit and took to the lake. everything was fine,next day all was fine then saturday i noticed everytime we stopped i could smell 90wt. well got a mile from landing and bearing sounded bad again so just above idle back to landing to load boat,got home and removed drain and fill plugs and nothing but water? so now the lower end has to come off again but what happened to the gear oil? could the water pump have sucked it out and with a new seal i don't see how.the shaft looked o.k. when i did it the first time. now parts were not cheap and i am about broke,but i want it right. should i take it to the chrysler guy and pay an arm and a leg or should i just get more new parts? new shaft? thanks for your help. "

Are the heat sensors one in e

Are the heat sensors one in each head of a 115 hp Evinrude replacible and how difficult? Have overheat warnig horn but engine seems to be cooling ok.

I am looking for the year of

I am looking for the year of my 90 HP MERC Outboard I have the serial number and model number the serial number is 06514350 the model# is 1090524 if you could help me that would be great.

" well come to find out i geus

" well come to find out i geuss i overfilled the lower unit,when i took it back off the seal had been pushed out from the pressure,nothing hurt just aggravating,so i will take the chrysler recommended 27 ozs. of oil and try that.they say to fill from the bottom hole till it comes out the top but that was apparently too much.Jim King "

Back