Logo

Mystery

joereeves

Gold Medal Contributor
This is one of those "Oh, I'll just set it aside and clean it up later. I won't forget what it came out of projects. I do recall it came out of a V6 Evinrude. The measurements below are an approximate as I'm not a machinist.

It's obviously a small bore 3.5" piston so I would assume it's a 150hp model. The top half of the sleeve from the center of the wrist pin to the top edge of the piston has the well known very small ridges (for lack of a better word) circling it. Anyone know what year/model this piston is from? Under the piston, it case the cast number 322969 and directly under the 322 is the trademark OMC.

Cast322969b.jpg

July 7th, 2002, 04:09 PM
MIKE_OMC
[OP]
user-offline.png

Cadet
cadet.gif
Join DateJul 2002Posts6

[h=2]
icon1.png
EVINRUDE 175 pistons[/h]
I am digging into my 1979 evinrude (175 HP) crossflow. I'm not sure if the blocks been bored. The #1 piston part number is OMC 322969. Can anyone cross reference the piston.

older post with same part#

That is a casting number and not a part number. Just measure the cylinder dia, and you will know if re-bored or not.

Looks like a good used piston , could come from any V-4 or V-6 ( small bore ) cross flow motor from 74 to 96 or so.----They all used the same size / dimension pistons.

Mystery solved and part number obtained, thanks fellows. Now, a couple dozen pistons to bead blast and inspect.

Back