Logo

1996 150hp Evinrude problem

kit48

Hi
I have a 1996 150hp when I put maximum speed it not work smoothly and if fuel tank is low not work smoothly low or maximum speed ( like Fuel is not up to the engine properly )
any help I would appreciate thanks

Try a new 5 gallon can of fresh fuel, with a new fuel line/ bulb assembly, with new fittings, etc. Connect that directly to the motor and see if the problems go away. If they do, then you have a fuel tank pick-up, fuel vent, fuel line, fuel filter, or contamination issue.

You need to be very careful here in running this motor !!------------If it was a plugged carburetor then no fuel and NO OIL would be going into one or more cylinders.------------Do a spark check to make sure you have STRONG spark on each cylinder.------All these checks should be done before taking the risk of damaging a fine motor.

I have seen quite a number of those 2-pipe plastic 'connectors'(#21: http://www.marineengine.com/parts/j...vinrude&section=Fuel+Bracket+&+Components )crack and let air into the system in my time. Remember that engine needs a 3/8 fuel system, which goes for nipples, bulb and everything!! Try to hook up a pressure tester to the system between fuel-pump and carb-rails (#14 and #21). Running the engine lean on one or more cylinder will lead to a melt-down, rather sooner than later.

Back