Logo

"trim gauge"... Not getting acturate reading

cocomo

I have replace both "new" trim gauge and sender assembly.
The needle on the gauge does not go all the way to either side when i have the motor all the way up or down.
Is there a certain way the sender assembly goes on? Does not seem to have any way of adjusting either one.
I replaced both with the same part numbers as the old ones. Thanks

What was happening before? Make sure the sender is wired correctly. I've worked on I/O senders...they are adjustable to set the gauge to "0" when the drive is down. I've not seen an OB sender. What was the PN you used for the sender? Are you sure it is installed correctly? It needs to be adjusted to match the gauge to the position of the OB...thus drive down, trim gauge reads drive is down.

Remove the sender while it is connected and try adjusting it...fiddle w/it...while watching the gauge w/ignition on. If there are no screws to loosen and rotate the hsg. then look on the back side for a stem to turn.

The gauge does not go all the way to the top. I/O's are set to the bottom of the scale with the drive all the way down. O/B's are set in the middle. Right at the top of the max. trim range when the motor touches the short rams. Set it to 3/4 up on the scale.

Back