Logo

ted williams help

mdue151

i recently got a ted williams 7.5 motor model number 217-58587-0 serial number 5d-205010
can someone please help me with what year it is where i can get the manual and i guess i am supposed to add a lead additive how much do i add?
thank you everyone!

Its a 1975 model 7.5hp 32:1 mix ratio. use Campion RJ14YC or Autolite no.86 spark plug, gap at .35

NO! lead additive needed

wow thank you alot! how did u know all of that? and no lead additive?? the guy who sold it to me has been putting lead in the gas..he said i needed to?

wow thank you alot! how did u know all of that?
I just know...

Lead additive is for older autos that have Valves and seats that require Lead to lubricate them, 2 cycles have no such valves.....I have had this talk with many who believed there pre 1975 outboard need lead....did you ever hear of white marine gas....it was all the rage when I was a kid...now its just plan old unleaded regular gas

oh sweet...so theres no need for the lead then? are u positivly sure? i just dont want to be stuck somewhere and have to oar back....can you give me any more info on the motor? thank you again

Back