Logo

1979 mercury 7.5 short shaft - controlls available?

codylawhorn

Hi Guys,
I am new to the thread but super excited and the vast amount of information available. I was wondering if anyone can tell me if there are remote controlls available to fit a 1979 7.5 mercury short shaft outboard? I have a 14 ft aluminum boat that it is on. The motor is just plenty for what I am doing. However I would like to find both steering and throttle controlls to accomodate a home made steering console. I have seen there is a generic steering controll made to fit older model outboards that dont have the proper mounting brackets to add steering controlls. However it appears that on the front of my motor, there are small access holes that look as if they are in place to accomodate both steering controll hook up and throttle controll hook up. If anyone can point me in the right direction I would deffinetly appreciate it.
Sincerly,
Cody Lawhorn

email - [email protected]

Ayuh,.... I've got the same motor, 'bout the same vintage.....
I went, 'n Looked....

No,.. No way in 'ell yer gonna hook it to a remote....

Hand on the tiller, or ya ain't goin' Nowhere....

Btw,... I imagine that mailbox is by now Junk, as every Spammer on the planet now has it for spammin'....

Never, Ever post an email address, or phone number, or Whatever on an open forum, Anywhere on the internet....

Back