Logo

90 evinrude xp 150 gas to oil ratio???

90cajun

hi guys, new to the boating world so bear with me, I just purchased a 90 cajun bass boat from a friend, and ive been on the boat several times in the years and its just awesome. i head that the oil tanks that feed the motor have issues and people reccomend unhooking the tank, and just adding 2 stoke oil to the gas tank between fill-up. i would like to know what the ratio is and if someone could send me a link to where and the proper way to disable the tank that would be great. my model number for the outboard is E150STLESB. thanks!!

The ratio is 50:1 ------------If you run continuously at high RPM than a wee bit more oil does not hurt.-----------------Just plug the hose that supplies oil to the pump ( near the pump ) and open up the 2 wiring plugs from oil tank and from the VRO pump.

thanks for the info, did some digging and from yalls experience, do you guys recommend unhooking the VRO or leaving it running???? the boat only has 350 hrs on it and from what i read the VRO2 is reliable, i also read about cleaning the filter screen, and taking a turkey baster to the bottom of the oil tank to remove oil, trash, and water. but removing it could result in fouling plugs from a richer motor at no wake speeds or trolling. Im well aware a plug cost a few bucks and a motor cost a few thousand bucks, but which do u recommend??

At 50:1 a motor in good condition does not foul the plugs.------------I have trolled for hrs on end with a 235 HP with no spark plug problems.

Ok, the guy i bought the boat from told me to do away with the system and just run a pre mix setup, and thats what i had stuck in my head of doing anyway. What the engine lacks in hours it def makes up for in age. Thanks for confirming.

Back