Logo

trim pump

dhl

I have a one year old bravo 2 drive. The trim pump works ok, but if I don't use it for a couple a days, the pump will run but the leg will not go down, if I stand on the leg it will go down , with the pump running. If I put the leg up and down a couple of times, then it works fine, unless I leave it again for a couple a days! I am not losing any oil and the leg if left in the up position for a while the leg will not go down on it's own( not losing pressure at the cylinders). I hope someone can help . Thanks Don

Most of the time this is the trim piston binding the dry wipers. You can grease (water proof grease) the shaft to lube the wipers. FYI the trim pump delivers a major amount of pressure to lift the drive and minimal pressure to bring it down. Also, store the boat with the drive in the down position. Especially if the boat is slipped.

Most of the time this is the trim piston binding the dry wipers. You can grease (water proof grease) the shaft to lube the wipers. FYI the trim pump delivers a major amount of pressure to lift the drive and minimal pressure to bring it down. Also, store the boat with the drive in the down position. Especially if the boat is slipped.

Ayuh,.... I completely agree,....

Also,...
When ya get to the Full Up position, 'n the pump motor labors,...
DON'T leave it that way...
Tap the down button a couple of times to relieve the pressure against the overload valving, so it don't stick so badly...

Hi Chris and Bondo
I greased the shafts and lowered the leg a touch, and left it for 3 days and the leg went down ok. I will leave it longer and see if it works. Thanks for your help.
Thanks Don

Back