Logo

mercury trim tab anode positioning

bugweedis

i have a merc 90 .1984. no anode on it....boat glasstron gt 150.boat turns way to the right.where do i position the trim anode.right or left.

Think of it as a rudder...turn the rudder HANDLE to starboard (right) and the rudder moves to port (left)...boat turns to port.

thanks ,so all i gotta do it set it a little to the right and it should go a little more left....i got it with out an anode it it pulled right a lot...thanks again..andre.

i might be wrong but after thinking about it ,i gotta position it left,facing rear of boat to straighten out natural turn of propeller.....am i right.

Note that the trim tab only works correctly in a narrow speed range. Above that speed the steering will still pull one way, and below that the other way. The trick is to dail it in for your prefrred cruising speed, which is best done by experimentation.

Jeff

ok now i got to get a new bolt to go to trim tab.how long what thread,metric ?.i tried and went thru tons of em .it stripped out.so i start over with a new trim tab and bolt .what boltnd thread size a is the problem

Back