Logo

How to connect Tohatsu MF-S6 cables to throttle & shift?

What model MFS6? I'm assuming that your motor has the shifter on the side (not front), right? If you have the MFS6A2, you would get the 3H6838801M SRC FITTING PARTS ASSY $116.43. Now then...

If you have a 6B, it depends on the serial number: ~#021084XE, you use the same kit. If it's a newer 6B, #023742XE~ then you get 3AS838800M SRC FITTING PARTS ASSY , $112.28.

These kits include the assemblies and bracketing, etc., to connect the shift and throttle cables. They are available from any dealer, including me.

Is the remote control conversion kit mounted on the MFS6?
...Thanks for response. I have the 3AS-83880-0 remote control kit which is not mounted on my MF-S6CUL. I need a diagram or manual in order to connect the parts on the motor and existing (and correct) control box. I have tried to match the parts to the motor and so far nothing fits and holes do not line up.

What model MFS6? I'm assuming that your motor has the shifter on the side (not front), right? If you have the MFS6A2, you would get the 3H6838801M SRC FITTING PARTS ASSY $116.43. Now then...

If you have a 6B, it depends on the serial number: ~#021084XE, you use the same kit. If it's a newer 6B, #023742XE~ then you get 3AS838800M SRC FITTING PARTS ASSY , $112.28.

These kits include the assemblies and bracketing, etc., to connect the shift and throttle cables. They are available from any dealer, including me.

...Thanks for your knowledgeable response. I have the 3AS-83880-0 remote control fitting kit which is not mounted on my MF-S6CUL/3JE. The shifter is located on the front. The motor serial number starts is 072063AA

I need a diagram or manual in order to connect the parts on the motor and existing (and correct) control box. I have tried to match the parts in the kit to the motor and so far nothing fits and holes do not line up.

This new 4-stroke Tohatsu motor looks well made and fits in boat well with extra-long shaft and has 6 hp. 21-year-old motor was 2-stroke 8 hp, but I did not want another 2-stroke. New 8hp 4-stroke with easy connections will not fit in well. We searched on-line for diagrams in manuals. Nothing for MF-S6. Found diagram in MFS8/9.8A3 manual, but those kit parts do not match my kit parts shapes. So I am puzzled.

You have a 6C... That requires a different (and more complex, costlier) kit. Part# 3GR838800, $295.00. This kit does NOT have provision for remote steering.

Last edited:
Thank you all so very much for your help. You have saved my sanity and making me feel I am not alone with this. I do indeed have the wrong SRC fitting parts kit number. And, yes, I am hoping a parts tech recommended 3GR838800M kit, now on order, will fit. Interestingly, I googled this kit number and had zero hits. So I assume this kit is a recent development from Tohatsu engineering. Thanks again all of you for your time and sharing your knowledge.

Fred

This indeed is the new kit with new number for the engine that is introduced in the spring of 2011, however the kit came avialable in the autumn of 2011.

Available at any dealer?

- 6 of the dealers here in holland couldn't find it.
- boats.net was supprised i got this. They never heard of it and couldn't help me with the parts.
- other USA dealers couldn't find it. It didn't even show up in the Tohatsu database.

this really isn't any dealer stuff. But do you know where i can order it pvanv?

Available at any dealer?

- 6 of the dealers here in holland couldn't find it.
- boats.net was supprised i got this. They never heard of it and couldn't help me with the parts.
- other USA dealers couldn't find it. It didn't even show up in the Tohatsu database.

this really isn't any dealer stuff. But do you know where i can order it pvanv?

As I said in post #6, "You have a 6C... That requires a different (and more complex, costlier) kit. Part# 3GR838800, $295.00. This kit does NOT have provision for remote steering." Implied was "available from any dealer, including me." But, since the 4/5/6 C revision is/was so new, perhaps not just ANY dealer.

Drop me an email at the office: [email protected], and I can help you.

I just received the kit i ordered with Paul(pvanv). Outstanding service!
Thinking about the fact i live in The Netherlands was a big gamble about if it will be shipped! Now a days it happens allot that you pay but never receive the package. But not with Paul!
Received the kit within 10 days (slow shipping party here in The Netherlands)! Installed it in about an hour!

I'm very pleased with the outstanding service and the kit. It just works as it is supposed to do!

Thanks Paul & MarineEngine.com for the help!

Back