Logo

89 ns 70 a2 no fire

joe85

i have just bought a skiff with a ns 70 a2 on it got the boat home and the motor fired right up ran for 30 sec then shu off now no spark no fire i know their are three things that contoll the fireing not an eclectical guy but can rebuild a motor can any one help i have aleady checked ground tried to see if their could be a bad wire changed plugs plenty of fuel just no spark i am getting power to the coil pack but not out no no powere on blue wire or yellow and white but do have 12 v

But don't get too carried away with repairs. That is a 20 year old motor, ya know. No carb bits or wp kits for it any more. Beware the money pit.

it is a 92 and im figuring one of three things coil pck firing triger or the coils in genaral i cant find a service manuel but i can find a a carb kit and coil pack but fireing triger i found someone to rebuild it with a waranty not that much of a money pit when you give 350.00 for the boat motor and trailer i am trying to figure out how to test it

Year of manufacture is unimportant; Model/serial is everything. You would order the Factory service manual: Covers all 1 & 2 cylinder 2-stroke models, Part# 003-21035-1, $45.00, from any dealer, including me.

Is this a remote model? Is the stop lanyard engaged? The yellow and white wires are from the alternator, and only make power when running, so power there is irrelevant. In order to test/diagnose the ignition system, you will need a good analog (not digital) meter, with a battery of 3v or less (any more can cook the CD unit). The meter should have DVA capability to read the pulses into the CD.

Back