Logo

Mininmec fuel injectors

LUXUS

I have twin 120ho Ford Lehmans fitted to our boat and just been told the oil in the Minimec fuel injectors should have been changed. Have had the boat about 5 yrs and clocked up about 600hrs. I would like confirmation these injectors have lub oil and if so the process for changing the oil. Looking at the injectors not readily apparent drain hole or filling point, also should I do anything additional as so long between oil changes. Any advice greatly appreciated.

Hullo Rev Bob,
You may well be correct. He mentioned that 250 ml would be required, does this sound correct? Also do you have any suggestions or advice? Many thanks Luxus

Hello,

I don't remember the exact quantity, I change mine around about every 100 hrs or so. There are manuals on-line, Bob Smith at American marine is the Guru of all things Lehman.

G'day,

I believe you have a minimec fuel pump fitted to your Fords this being the most popular fitted to 120hp engines. The cam box on this particular pump has a sump holding around 0.43 litres of engine type lube oil. To drain first remove the top filling plug located on top othe pump obove the stop lever,then remove the plug fitted underneath the fwd section of the pump body once drained pour in a little fresh oil to flush out any crap laying in the casing then replace bottom plug, half way up there is another plug this is a level indicator remove, and fill casing untill oil runs of this hole, fit and tighten all plugs. Job done! Based on your engine useage/time suggest 100 hr interval should suffice.

Cheers, Shakey.

Back