Logo

Low compression fix? Prop slippage?

I have about 83psi in both cylinders with a new head. Piston and cylinder walls look fine. Should I just throw new rings in? Hone the cylinders? Also I had thought the gears were going out cuz of a very high rev and huge loss of power, so i took the cone off the end of the prop, put it in gear, and turned the prop until it stopped. Then I kinda put pressure on it and wiggle it back and forth/up and down, and noticed the hub moving a little inside the prop? Is that normal or the problem?? Thanks for reading. This forum rocks!! :)

Get another guage before you try to re-ring.
Electric start?Pull start is hard to do a comp test on.
If the comp is close on both cylinders(83#),then the guage might be weak.J

I used an older compression tester and a new one out of the package. Exact same readings on both cylinders. Also, thanks for the link for a new prop! Will probably order a new one from them :)

in addition to getting a new one(if thats what you decided) i would get the old one fixed and have a spare.....if you run aluminum props its just a matter of time before you hit something and bend a blade......plus aluminum props will have the clutch go bad for some reason....

Back