Logo

Pcm zr6 nothing but isuues!!!!!

Dimebagd

Hey Guys,

So I brought my boat about a year and a half ago. It has a 2007 PCM ZR6 in it. I got the boat with 100 hours on the engine, and the first time i took it to the lake it stripped the center out of a clutch plate.

After being repaired the boat went in for a full service at 150 Hours. Now I am at 174 hours and we were at the lake and got around 50m off shore and the boat would not speed up so I stopped shut her down and checked the raw water filter, which had a little weed in it. After cleaning that out I checked over the engine and everything looked fine. I started the engine up again and idled off for around 10m and then there was a large cluncking noise so I shut the engine down immediatly and checked the engine bay to find the bilge had a large amount of oil in it.

I spent today stipping the seats etc out of the boat and found a peice of casting in the bilge. The boat will go into the mechanic tomorrow but its looking like I have a 2007 engine out of its 3 year warrintee with 174 hours on it that will need a rebuild :-(

Back