Logo

supra with pcm v 8 motor

rlitrooper

Hi Can you tell me how to check : What year /model is the engine ?
When cold will start and runs smoothly after a run of 15mins to 60 mins switch off and let stand for awhile , then wont start engine turns over but no start, once complete block is cool will fire ?????

The year is irrelevant; the serial number is the key item. They have a "nomenclature plate" with all the needed info. Old PCMs had it on the rear of the intake, newer ones will be on the 'cover'. Any dealer can then map it into a year range. An educated guess on the year can also come from the HIN on the boat.

You need to figure out if the no restart when warm issue is lack of fuel or lack of spark.

Hi, Thank you for the info.
It is a spark problem as the carb is wet down the barrels, some guys reckon it is the cdi / The unit that looks like a chocolate slab with the spark plug ht cables and the reset switch under it

Last edited:
Hi, Thank you for the info.
It is a spark problem as the carb is wet down the barrels, some guys reckon it is the cdi / The unit that looks like a chocolate slab with the spark plug ht cables and the reset switch under it

I am having the same trouble. Will not start when it's hot. I am thinking its the coil pack and ignition control. The same part that you discribed

Back