Logo

model number

abalone154

I have a ford lehman 180hp straight six diesel engine, tried to find the model no but all i have is engine 2715e, 6.2ltr, 150 to 2500 revs build no 11b/5fb/400/100 d1299/407. any help with this.Paul

Paul, your engine is most likely the 120 -135 horsepower. 180 hosepower was turbo charged. There should be a serial # stamped into the expansion tank also on a pad in the center side of the exhaust manifold. Also if you supply me with the # on a small tag on the injection pump just below the injection lines ( starts with letter "p" and four or 5 digits ) i should be able to tell the year and exact horsepower. Charlie w

thanks very much for your reply,i am in the process of buying this boat and yes it does seem that it is either 120 or 135 hp lehman. I cant get access again till later this week when i again get a look at my new lady.I'm very excited as this is my first clipper 36.
Thanks once agai for your help and will ask again soon.paul

Paul. THANKS FOR THE REPLY. I SERVICED MANY OF THESE ENGINES WHILE I WAS SERVICE MGR. AT LEHMAN SO ANY QUESTIONS YOU HAVE I WILL BE GLAD TO HELP. THE SERIAL # WILL TELL ME MORE AND PERHAPS I WORKED ON THIS VESSEL AT ONE TIME.?
CHARLIE W

Back