Logo

75hp Yamaha tilt

boops

Boat has set on lift for 6 months in FL.
Everything works but trim does not go up or down.
Relays and motor runs in up and down.
Is the fill plug the 17mm hex or the flat screw near the right side piston?
Got motor up manually by releasing the relief screw.
Added oil in the hex hole, but no pressure, there was air pressure inside when hex bolt was removed.
How do you bleed, add oil to pump correctly?
Thank You for your help,

Yes, battery is good, relays are working both ways and pump runs both ways, but no pressure.
Engine starts and runs easily.
Filled with fluid several times and put up and down manually by turning relief screw.
Then rechecking fluid and topping off level. With relief screw counter clockwise, motor has no play up and down.
Still no pressure to lift or move at all.

ok...before I`m going to tell you the bigger job...just check the relief screw 'O' ring is it damage or not... if not then you have to open the trim unit.

The relief screw does not come out, it stops both ways.
There is no leakage and it stops the tilt instantly. You cannot move the engine at all, up or down, at any angle it is in when you turn the screw CC. Is it a check valve?

hello sir, to remove the relief screw there is a cir-clips, you have to remove the cir-clip first and you have to open it. then you can tilt up the engine
by hand. so try it....

Yes, thank you, I know that when you turn the screw clockwise it releases the pressure and then I can move the engine anywhere.
That works as it should, but the motor, even though it runs in both up and down, with the screw CC, still does nothing and the oil is full and there is no play up and down in the tilt/trim with the screw turned CC.

trim up half way manualy stand on cavation plate bounce while runnjng trim up or use engine lift to apply up presure run with fill cap loose you have air traped in system

Yes, it is definitely nylon/plastic, a opaque color. I have ordered it and maybe it was updated to Alumn., but original is plastic. It is called a connector in the parts book.

Back