Logo

Help,50 HP Force RPMs higher than the speed I,m going.

panfish

Hello, hope someone out ther can tell me what is happening to my boat motor, went to the lake yesterday and stayed about all day doing some fishing and just running around on the lake,sometimes going WOT, was heading back to the dock pretty much WOT when all at once the RPMs startng ribbing much higher than the speed I was traveling,seems something was slipping in the motor, so I backed off on the gas to about a QOT and everything was ok, but as soon as I opened it up again, same thing happened again, RPMS way to high for the speed I was traveling, didn,t here any kind of gear grinding noise in the motor.Thanks for any help anyone can offer on this.

Thanks for the info, I removed the prop and placed the hub part in a vise and tried turning the blades,it had some give in it but I couldn,t get it to spin, so even though it will not spin in the vise it can still be bad?

The motor puts out WAY more tourqe than you can generate with a wrench.
Mark the hub with a magic marker and re-install.Go for a ride.
Then after it does the thing it does check the mark.It should move the mark.

Thanks racerone and Jerryjerry05, will mark the prop and take the boat out for a test run soon as the weather breaks and see what happens, once again I sure thank u guys for this info.

Thanks Jerryjerry05 for the profile info,if I can catch a bunch of good fish,I will put u a check in the mail,the world would be a lot better off if people would take life a little easier and joke sometimes.

You guys was right on the prop spinning on the shaft,marked it with a marker and saw it was moving on the shaft,now the big problem, I have no ideal what people are talking about when they say Pitch and my boat prop, I,ve been told that if I get the wrong size Pitch on my Prop I will end up in some big trouble, I have a 17 Ft Pro Tx Aluminum Bass Tracker with a 50 HP Force motor,looked on the old prop but don,t see no size, so can u guys help me once again by telling me what to buy when I buy this prop.Thanks for any info. on the prop.

Panfish

If you bring the one you have to the shop they should be able to match it up for you. It is not that strait forward to be able to tell you what to get it is a combination of boat size,type of hull, load, how you use the boat. If you were happy with the one you have then best match it up at the shop and make note for the future.

Nixes mate

Is there no way to take the size of your boat plus the size of the motor and order one off the Internet, because there isn,t any boat shops very close to where I live.

If you like the way your boat performed with the old wheel, and the engine was able to get to the proper max RPM while at WOT you will need to travel to a prop shop or you will spend a lot of money and time trying to get the correct wheel (propeller).

Look REAL close between the blades.Or on the ends of the prop.The #s should be there somewhere.
Your prop can be re-hubbed.Take it to any outboard place.They usually send them out to be done.

Back