Logo

1994 7.4L EFI Manual

fbmartin

Trying to find a service manual for a mid 90's Marine Power 454 that offers a description of the throttle body EFI operation and service.

I too searched for months. My 1995 TBI 454's would start and then quit. Took a lot of efort to ge them to continue running. Finally found new throttle bodies (rebuilt) at Guaranteed Carborators in Largo, Florida. They are great folks. Sent me new TBI's with exchange of my old ones. While they worked much better. Excessive richness eliminated, I still had the starting problem. It is now cured. The fuel pump is only activated directly for about 3 seconds on start-up. Once started the electrical power to the fuel pump comes across the oil pressure safety switch. Mine were not bad but sticking. Once cleaned out the starting issue is gone. One thing to note is that the throttle bodies contain the fuel pressure regulators. They came as part of the rebuilt TBIs. Hope this addresses some of your problems. I know it took me months to get a line on where to go. Still have not found a source for Marine Power Engine manuals.

Thank you .. That is all VERY helpful.. Do you know if the EFI Throttle body operation on the Marine Power engine is similar to any other marinized mid 90's engine ?

The EFI throttle body set up is pretty standard General Motors. The difference is some marinized parts and the fuel filtering and supply system. I am not sure, but believe that Crusaders used the identical 454 GM motors. I also believe that manuals for the Crusaders are still available.....nick

Back