Logo

low compression ndabf225 ho

There seems only one possbility to me - water got pulled in through the exhaust manifolds. This could happen if the timing belt slipped a notch or two.

got the heads,valves all redone, a little corrosion in bottom cylinder, can probably clean it up with a hone and a device to keep grit out of cylinder, do you think I need to remove the powerhead and hone all and install new rings, honda dealer said rings may be correded and might not open up and cause compression issues, he said a leak down test would tell me, your thoughts

If you attempt to hone the cylinders with the pistons in place, I think you will regret doing it. You will create a "step" in the cylinder wall that the rings will not take kindly to riding over at 4 or 5,000 rpm. Just my opinion.

What exactly do you mean by -----" a little corrosion "-----------You may be able to clean up a local spot with emery paper and then wipe it clean.-----------So where the heads and valves " bad " ?? did you find a " smoking gun " so to speak ????

honda mechanic stoped by today and said new mid sections have been installed as evidenced by the 2 holes in the front of the mid section. I think that means I won't have the driveshaft problem I've been reading about but I'm wondering if they replaced that would they have also done the bulletin 56 mod at the same time?

It's hard to tell. Try contacting Honda and see if they have a record of warranty repair on your engine, based on your engine (VIN) number.

evidenced by the 2 holes in the front of the mid section ???? pics please two holes I replaced one of mine not sure what holes you speaking of ?

it looks like I'm a victim of bulletin 51, shift shaft broke flange inside engine pan which allowed engine oil out and seawater in, looking at at a 5-6 K bill to replace powerhead because I didn't catch this defect in time,all cylinders rusty,getting a new honda powerhead and other parts to fix bulletin 51 and 56,new smaller shift shaft and hopefully I can salvage $700 pan,

well I'm finally back on the water,new short block from japan took 5 months to get here,SB 51 tell s about a problem with the shift shaft moving excessively in a seal on the underside of the powerhead due to excess motor mount wear,shift shaft broke flanges and allowed seawater in and engine oil out,new retro kit installed to fix this with smaller shift shaft,new exhausts pipes and oil pan gasket installed also,all for a mere $9000 in parts and labor, I wondered about other engine doing the same thing but motor mounts appear to be solid, anybody have any experience with this phenomena?

Back