Logo

Mercruiser 5.0 mpi alarm

Fastsam

Hi there.i have a mariah sx 21 2005 with a 5.0 mercruiser mpi with around 160 hours on the clock,
Last week I noticed a alarm sounding when I give her full gas,it does not sound at three quater or low revs only full and is a constant loud beeping and only goes off when I put her in neutral,I have checked all the levels and everything seems fine
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks sam

It`s probably telling you to stop going full throttle in neutral. Unless of course you are tired of the boat and trying to blow it up.

with a constant alarm, is there any loss of power? sometimes its easier to have a boat mechanic read the code in the ecm with a computer or you can buy a scan tool.
Rinda scan tool for a 555 ecm.

You are sound asleep and your alarm goes off. Now you can see the confusion caused by unclear descriptions of what is transpiring. I would have said the alarm shuts off but I guess we are splitting hairs now.

You are sound asleep and your alarm goes off. Now you can see the confusion caused by unclear descriptions of what is transpiring. I would have said the alarm shuts off but I guess we are splitting hairs now.
Despy,thanks again for all your help
You have been no use whatsoever
Sam

Back