Logo

Sears Gamefisher Electric Outboard - how to remove the cover to the control head. loose wires inside

2electrified

Hi,
I Have a Gamefisher 24lb thrust electric outboard - model# 217-590240. My question is I need to remove the cover control head to replace some wires I see loose, but I can't. I try prying off the top, but I am afraid if I put too much pressure the plastic will crack. I only see one screw underneath the cover control head and it feels like its a spring type screw. Can someone please let me know who to remove this item. Thank you.

Are there clips holding the top on? When I pry it apart a little bit, I try using a small flashlight to see inside there and all I can see are the wires, pcb boards.

Also, not sure if this related, but this unit was brought to me to see if I can fix it. The problem was the propeller does not move when you either put the unit in reverse or forward and turn the handle to give it some power. However, the light switch comes on, so it is getting power well so far. That is why I need to pop the top off so I can see inside. Like I mentioned earlier, I do see on wire connection disconnected.

Any help you be greatly appreicated.

Thank you in advance.

Lisa

I'm not sure about the questions concerning the screw with the spring but I have had good luck using the wifys hair drier to keep old plastic from cracking....no gurantees but a idea worth exporing and has worked for me.

Good luck,

Back