Logo

Mercury 9.9HP 2004 remote start will not start in low idle position

granpop08

I have a Mercury 9.9 HP 4 stroke motor with remote start. M/N 1F10312DK its a 2004 model, The motor will not start in the normal position ,I have to push the button in on the throttle and move lever to full throttle position then motor will start and run at high idle. When I move lever to lower throttle the motor dies out at 2000 RPM. I checked gas tank half full.I replaced fuel line with the sqeez bulb on it and changed fuel filter,still have same problem.

Will the engine die AFTER it reaches operating temp. at fast idle? IOW will it not idle at all? If yes, rebuild the carb?

The engin will continue to run on fast idle at operating temp. When I lower the throttle the engin dies out at around 2000 RPM on tack. gage. I thought it may be a fuel problem so I connected the fuel line to a tank of fresh gas ,still have same problem.The problem started suddenly I never had a problem starting the engin. Thanks for your reply,I will check the carb.

I did a visual inspection of the carb ,throttle linkage and electric choke look good . I will order a rebuild kit for the carb. Thanks for the advise.

Back