Logo

Can you help me find out what year this Gale engine was made and any details about it?

Riverbend

My elderly neighbor asked me to help him find out information about this motor. He doesn't use a computer. He said it is an older Gale Model number 35038. He would like to know what year it was made. He didn't know the size or horsepower either but it does run. I could not find a place to look it up on google but while I was trying, I found out that Gale was made by the same company as Evinrude and Johnson so I thought you might be able to help. Thank you.

In checking my books, Gale did not use model number such as that.... Evinrude did.

However, my books list 35012,13,18,19,22,23,28,29 BUT no 38. Are you sure of those last two digits?

Thank you for checking. He may have copied the numbers wrong. I will go over there tomorrow and check the numbers myself and post back. I appreciate the help..

a digital picture with the cover on and another of the powerhead would help in identification...if you type "gale outboard motor" into google images, you will see several different gale motors.

I finally got into the garage today. The number was very difficult to see. To me, it looked like 35D13 or 35D1B. The last number or letter was not spaced out correctly and was right up against the number 1. That is why I wasn't sure if it was a 3 or B. Thanks again.

Now, that (35D13 or 35D1B) looks more like a Gale Model number. Unfortunately my Gale book doesn't go that high but I'm sure that someone here will be able to help you with it.

You probably should post your question in the "Other Outboard Manufacturers/Gale Bucaneer section...There are several gale posts there and you can also search the archives of that section.

Wow, thank you for all the information! I'm going to have him come over tomorrow and I'll show him all the links. I really do appreciate the help. Thank you!

Back