Logo

Nissan NS5B SN# 369-1-27143 Spark Plug

StarGazerI

Hi all.. Im confused and need help!! I have a NS5B Nissan and need to purchase a new spark-plug, BUT dont know what to buy!! dont know the year of the engine NOTE info in title too, it's a "NS5B SN# 369-1-27143". Im finding a (BP7HS-10 vs. BPR7HS-10). Whats the diff? How do I find the year mfg of my motor? Thanks StarGazer :)

You can run either. The R designation is for AM radio noise suppression resistance. The original plugs were not the R type, but the R designation suppresses radio interference, so is an OK choice.

Year is unimportant. The critical thing is that it's an NS5B, s/n 27143.

Thank you all for your input here! I’ve done allot of research on the side and came up with some good information to pass on to anyone who "needs-to-know" and where to find any information on the Nissan Outboard Motors.
1. http://www.nissanmarine.com - These people here will tell you the dates of your motors via.. email in less then 1 min. wow was great.
2. BP vs. BPR The manufactures of my engine call for BPR-7HS-10 for usage around, if you remember in the old days AM radio's in our cars "that annoying Tic-Tic-Tic sound when you started up your car. To fix this problem we use to install new sparkplug wires with "R" factor or resistor type wires and a condenser for the contacts. and the RI Radio-Interference would go away. It would however, have no play on FM radio's or GPS's signals on most boats. NOTE: BPR will however, apply to all Canada as standard equipment.. maybe that’s because the still use AM radios and AM equipment!
So there you go folks, I hope this helps with the understanding here and again thanks for your input here!! Best Regards, StarGazer I

Back