Logo

oil cooler lines

I would be happy to but that'll be next year... I'm in CT :(

I wouldn't be too concerned about putting them on wrong. As long as they're bottomed out, or really close they're "on". I tried to pull off as a test on the bench and it didn't budge.

Granted, it crossed my mind that I'll be testing ten hoses at the exact same time during my spring launch :)

Bob

It would be great if you would keep us up-to-date on the hoses, say 20 to 40 hours later if it is not too much trouble. I am a bit concerned that if I do this I may not get the hose connections on correctly resulting in leaking. I miss having a garage workshop but do need to buy a vise.

Like Bob said, some of the hoses were tough to push all the way onto the barb fitting. I recall having some success using some ATF as a lube, using gloved hands, and pushing hose onto the fitting using the side of the house as an anchor point! There were no leaks from any hose, and no way was one going to work itself loose.

Knuckle.....I have the same lines that you described in my boat,the crimped metal ends on the oil hoses and they look like they are the originals,but I also have the ones the other guys are describing running from my fuel selectors to the fuel filters. They do make for a much neater installation. I don't know what those crimped fittings are made of but they aren't rusted anywhere, although the hoses are kinda stiff. Looks like the first project after I get her running correctly. Thank you ,fellas....Lee

Right you are, my man, I forgot all about that !! What is the name of your boat and when are you going to pull her ? I'll probably stay in till the 1st week in Dec.,my grandson is coming up for the holiday from Florida and I want to take him fishing in some NJ weather, BRRR. Glad the cabin is heated. My boat name is "Just Reelin" ,and he normally blocks me up over by where the guides and the few commercial boats are tied up. Hope I find this fuel problem before I haul her, I'd hate to start off next season still lookin....Lee

Back