Logo

1970 chrysler 105 not peeing need help

so just bought this motor for my bass boat runs real well has telltale and no water took impeller apart found bugs had made nest in there cleaned it all up put hose on tube that runs to motor from impeller and shot water through it put it all back together still no water took t-stat housing off took out t-stat works fine put all back together still no water with muff or in lake. just want to know if i am missing somthing

so i have taken off t-stat and started boat nothing happening but i did notice that there was a lot of exhaust coming through the t-stat area i think the exhaust jacket has hole in it somewhere but with it being as open it seems like i would get some sorta drip or something please help

so i went out to the boat fired it up let it idle for a few then gunned it with the t-stat housing off and it blew water out finally but when i put t-stat housing back on it was coming out the exhaust but a dribble out of the telltale since i am going it alone and have read alot on it in these forums i am going to put a new impeller in it even though mine is still good i really do not want to have to take that exhaust plate off i would love some help thank you for your time

sorry i cant help as my 1970 70hp never let us sit (only for gas). i get looks while running this 40+ yr old motor but it will still be runnin long after the cows come home. good luck and docheck ignition timing per manual they are very specific. do yourself a favor when running good and check rpms old cryslers will run forever but will refuse to run overspeed. mix a bit rich and also monitor batt voltage charge. thats all for now

While the lower is off.Hook the hose direct to the pick up tube.Try it that way.If that works then the pump needs replaced.Maybe the housing has worn out??The connection between the tube and the pump not quite right?
Any clean plugs? Water as it burns in the cylinders will make the plugs look clean.Any water in the cylinders.
Pics of everything will help.
The impeller:any bends or set in the vanes,won't pump right.J

well the pump housing is new the adapter between pump and the tube is new when i put a hose on that tube it came out before it went into the motor but also came out of tell-tail and exhaust did not seem to me to be enough to make a difference could be just not sealed properly at the top of that tube bad grommet or something this motor has been very well taken care of all bolts that i have removed have anti-seize on them i will get some pic's posted but it will be my phone so will not be best pic's

If the tube came out that's more than likely the problem.
Now the bad news,the head needs to come off to repair the connector.J

I see your up in GOLD!!!!! country(I love prospecting).
Back to the problem.The motor ever been in salt water?If not then it should come apart fairly easy.
I doubt you can fix it as the screws go the other direction.J

i have just watched some u tube video's on this motor and i would say half of these motor's pee just as much as mine the other half more i just dont want to get on the lake and burn it up

Back