Logo

OMC Tilt Gauge Sending Unit (1989) 110HP 2T

Byte

Regular Contributor
Hello.

What sending unit do i need for this OMC trim guage?

I have looked online, but do not know if I am looking at the right sending unit.

I already have the OMC trim guage, but need the sending unit to go with it.

Help?

Cameron

Are you sure that your engine does not already have one? It would be attached to the inside top portion of the port transom bracket.... a black component with a spring loaded black lever protruding from it. Par Number 583358.

OK - just checked, and yes this sending unit is still present.

I am curious how this 'talks' to the gauge?

What moves and what does this sending unit detect to it's guage and how does it do this?

Cameron

The spring loaded lever (unless it's stuck and faulty) moves up and down as the engine swivel bracket presses against it. This changes the ohm resistance within it which in turn causes a related reflection of the gauge. A wiring diagram would be a big help, probably available via this site and its members. If your sender is good, the up and down movement of that black lever will result in a smooth movement reading of your ohm meter. If good, you saved about $100.

I don't fully understand that question. If the lever is sticking, you might spray some WD40 on it hoping it frees up. Normally they remain trouble free until dooms day.

Back