Logo

New Heads

lack of credit card is the only one i can think of...just be selective in what you order. Getting the 'racing stuff' is usually throwing money away when it comes to boats. You need to get heads with the proper chamber size and you want the smaller intake runner size to keep the torque peak in the lower rpm range (a balanced system working with the camshaft's profile).

lack of credit card is the only one i can think of...just be selective in what you order. Getting the 'racing stuff' is usually throwing money away when it comes to boats. You need to get heads with the proper chamber size and you want the smaller intake runner size to keep the torque peak in the lower rpm range (a balanced system working with the camshaft's profile).
+ 1 ! :)

Are we talking about the SBC engine?
Note that there are several light castings that have ended up on the Marine version SBC. These are generally GM castings.
Avoid these light castings.

Listen to Mark regarding a cylinder head chamber volume that compliments your piston selection.... or visa-versa!
These two must be correct for one another!

Baxter, are you building an engine, or simply replacing cylinder heads?
I ask because if you are custom building one, now is your prime oportunity to make a better piston selection than the full dished piston.

If you are building one, take a minute and read posts 7 and 9 here.

Last edited:
Back