Logo

M70A Tahatsu

Nexus39

I have a 1988 tahatsu 70hp it was firing just fine then it back fired and wont fire at all nomore what do I need to start to look for to change.

Some parts are rare and/or expensive for this model. Best to diagnose whether you have spark and fuel delivery. You can get a Factory service manual from any dealer, including me.

how much is it for the manual? an I was reading through some of you post, I see that you do take paypal. If you would send me the amount of the manual let me se if I have it in there then I will get one from ya. Also I see that you can get other parts to aswell right? let me know and I will get back to you.

Part # 003-21035-1, $44.17 plus postage. I have one in stock. Yes, our dealership sells all available Tohatsu/Nissan parts. You can drop me an email at the office: [email protected], or call 716-877-8221 9-6 Eastern. Yes, we take PayPal. This time of year, I'm in the office MWF only, but anyone can take your call. Of course, email should always get to me, even though I'm in the field on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Duh, sorry. I forgot that... You will need to locate a dealer with the old, single-engine-per-manual set, and see if (s)he will copy or scan it for you.

Last edited:
how much is it for the manual? an I was reading through some of you post, I see that you do take paypal. If you would send me the amount of the manual let me se if I have it in there then I will get one from ya. Also I see that you can get other parts to aswell right? let me know and I will get back to you.

I can do a photocopied manual for you if you need. email [email protected], or call 716-877-8221.

Did you diagnose the problem, or are you guessing? It's an expensibe bit, especially if you are just guessing: 3A3062400M C.D. IGNITION UNIT 45A2/50C/55B/60A/70A2 $250.02

I will be in the office tomorrow, and can reply to your inquiry about the manual then.

Well I had a light tester and I check all the Hot wires and fuses all fuses were good and with ingnition on I had hot ever were so I had a friend turn it over and and I put the tester to the wires going into the coil or cd module and it flikerd just like it should had been firing a real fast pace of on and off. hen I took out plug had in plug wire and nothing. it like im getting fire into it but not out of it.

Your equipment is like using stone-age weapons to perform cardiac surgery. In order to see if the input to the CD is good, you must use a DVA-equipped analog meter. In order to test the exciter and the CD, you need the values from the table in the service manual, and you must have a good analog meter. You may have found a bad CD, but at the same time, you may not be getting adequate signal going into the cd. If you drop your mailing address to me at my office email address, I can calculate postage to get the manual to you. Then, after you are sure what is failing, if you need a new CD, you can order the part mentioned above from any dealer, including me.

yeah, your prolly right and I hope your right cause I hope that part not bad cause it is costly.but I just was checking that and the only thing that made sence to me but I hope im wrong. I'll e-mail you and give you my address. If it help you and it back fired once and then it hasnt fired again if that helps any.

Well I took my Boat to a mech here in town and low and behold it that coil thing I was telling you I thought it was. My next question is how much is it and how do I go about ordering it from you far as price ,shiping ect. were I need to order it from please let me know cause I like to get it order in the next day or so. Also is that part # on that part so I know what number to give you?

You will need 3A3062400M C.D. IGNITION UNIT 45A2/50C/55B/60A/70A2 $250.02. UPS should be about $10.00. Call me at the office M-W-F 716-877-8221 and we can take your order.

Say well I got the part sorry I didnt get it from You but I had a place close and cheaper so I went ahead and got it there cause it was cheaper. but any way now I have fire.But I still somereason have a problem with the fire going through the plug it shoes no fire through the plug inless I ground it on the motor or put it up against something but its not firing when there in the motor. well I cant see if there not but still wont crank. But I do Have fire. have chaged the spark plugs out to new ones still nothing inless I hold it up against something then it fires great .what the heck would cause that or what do I need to do now?

If the original CD was bad... and if the new CD is good... then you are getting spark in the chambers. But that does not mean it will run without correct fuel and compression. You need to do more diagnostics.

Back