Logo

Trailer painting

indybleck

Contributing Member
Want to touch up my trailer. I don't know what kind of trailer it is , but it looks like a custom Four Winns trailer with a medium blue color, where can I get paint to match? I know it will be tough and it won't be exact. Someone painted it before me and its not really bad but I had to replace the tongue jack and the orginal mount is welded to the frame of the trailer. I"m going to cut the old mount off, prime then I would like to spray. Hopefully I can find something in a rattle can. Any suggestion where to look. Thanks

In the past I have simply gone to one of the auto parts places that has a big slsection of spray paints and found as close of a match I can in one of the rattle cans. Be sure to use a good primer, first.

Ayuh,... For paintin' a Trailer,...

It's pretty hard to beat Rustoleum, industrial enamel....

Bondo,

I agree that the Rustoleum is good for some applications. However, I have also had very good results with appliance epoxies that you can get in the rattle cans. I rebuilt a Horizon 900 windless that had taken a beating on the bow of my boat. Got rid of all the flakes and loose stuff, roughed it up with 120 grit sandpaper and used that epoxy appliance paint. Two yours later it still looks new. I have also had good experience with the cold qualvanized paints on my trailer. Had to replace the main tongue and could not find a hot galvannized one long enough, so I purchased a standard boxed steel beam, drilled it, and then cleaned and sprayed with the cold galvanized paint, which does not need a primer. It has worked well.

Back