Logo

How to convert a 20 hp 2010 tohatsu 4 stroke tiller to remote

reelattitude

Is their a manual out thier that shows you how to do this? I hace a tiller tohatsu 20 2010 4 stroke and wanted to use morse controls and push pull sterring. Is it hard to install the src kit? and what all do I need to buy? thank You

What is your precise model (year does not matter)? It should be an MFS20C, but is it type EF (electric)? Or, if not... Will your project end up as a manual choke/pull start motor, with remote steer, throttle and shift only? If you are converting to electric choke and start, you will need a push-to-choke control setup -- either an appropriate control box, or a separate push-to-choke equipped key switch, in addition to the starter and choke parts.

Regardless, you will need:
3BJQ838802 R C FITTING PARTS (F9.9/15/18B-15/20C)$135.20, which will include the throttle and shift linkages, as well as the drag link parts for steering, and the steering bracket "handle" that accepts the drag link. If you have average mechanical skills, you can probably fit-out the SRC kit in an hour or two.

Will you be using a Factory control box? If so, you need to decide whether you need electrics (for start, choke and tilt) or not.

The Factory service manual, Part # 003-21062-0 , $27.58, has full diagrams, but AFAIK, there is no separate "how to" to do the conversion, as it's pretty straightforward. The RC boxes come with a mini-manual that describes their setup.

Thank You for the reply. Its a electric start motor but I dont need to choke or start at the console my concern was mainly steering and throttle.

Back