Logo

What is a 45 hp / 691 cc worth in running condition?

Chazz11bravo

I'm going to upgrade as soon as I get my back pay from the VA. I'll be selling my motor then. I don't want to ask too much or too little. Thanks for your time. Chazz in Mountlake Terrace WA.

Oh yeah I forgot to say Howdy 'all. Another FNG on the forum.

Sorry I assumed some one would know the 691 cc was peanut heads year to try and push us over to the matric system. It's a 1975 chrysler 45 hp (691 cc).

Does Johnson make outboards anymore? I looked around to find a new 50 hp but couldnt find **** but parts? Wow the world changes fast. Make a deployment or two and you really lose touch.

That old and in good shape.$150-300 depending if you have controls.
I think they sell Evinrudes now. I think BRG or something like that is a conglomeration of a couple of companies.
Snow machines and wave riders,Evinrude etc.
I'd stick with the American motors.Mercury or Evinrude still a good bet.J

Buy American(Canada is part of America).

Thanks for the reply. I'd like to stay all original. But A) I don't want to stay 2 stroke. B) a 4cyl 4 stroke I feel in the way to go for both gas and longevity. C) I fish in the Puget Sound. Losing your motor out there could cost you a lot more than justa boat. I'll be going evin' or merc' for sure. Believe me I'm for American Made. I make marine outdoor equipment fora living/hobby. Shellfish traps, outriggers for fishing canoes etc. Again thanks for the input.

Back