Logo

70 hp force with high speed miss

Porterhouse

I have a 70 hp force that has a slight miss at 4400 rpm. I have replaced the stator with the new red stator an that seemed to help the miss alot to start with it would barley reach 4000 rpms but now it will get to 4400 but seems like its hestatin at WOT have tried a new switchbox an didnt fix it. Its not fuel related I have tried introducing extra fuel at wide open out of spray bottle and it just falls on its face. Also have tried an seperate boat tank with results bein same issue. Im trying a new trigger next an see if that takes care of it. Any Ideas? thanks

Had similar problem and it turned out to be the old spark wires (a coil with a pin that sticks into the wire) were pulling away from the coil when the throttle moved up cutting off the electrical signal when the wire had tension - replaced the starter, ignition, etc only to find out I just had to update the spark connectors.

Well found some more news on miss well its not electrical yesterday while testin engine i noticed that i could pinch the fuel line an engine would lean out an go up to 5000 rpms real smoothy then die out so im getting to much fuel or have the exhaust stopped up. Also noticed that someone has removed thermostat so engine would only get to 90 degrees. So going to replace thermostat an recheck

well got some more news yesterday while testin have finally got engine to proper operating range but had to starve engine for fuel to get it to 5000rpms. An also found that someone had removed thermostat not letting engine get up to temp. Im going to replace thermostat then retest

Back