Logo

5.7L alarm warning (2 beeps)

montana37

Hello: new to boating. Have a 2006 -5.7l. Two (2) beeps (warning) comes on at start up. and will repeat every min for 30 mins. I am guessing it's the temperature gauge warning alarm? The temp never exceeds 125, and rarely moves the needle. The oil pressure is fine, and runs good. It does needs help starting though...I give it a little gas.

What should the mechanic look at?

thanks.
Montana

check drive fluid level, is it an MPI ? sometimes the IAC valve does that and has trouble starting and or idleing.

check drive fluid level, is it an MPI ? sometimes the IAC valve does that and has trouble starting and or idleing.[/QUOTEGL115: Thank you I think the drive fluid is low causing the warning alarm. Yes, it's a MPI. Sorry to bother, but what is IAC valve? Easy to change?

alphas are known to lose fluid, especially when there is air trapped in them and they expel it ( drive fart). unless your adding alot of fluid , see oil in bilge or sheen on the water I would not worry about it. unplug the connector pin to the bottle when it beeps and see if it stops, that will tell you if the float is working or not.

IAC, idle air control valve (sensor) located right by the throttle body, 2 bolts, 1 gasket, 1 filter, 2 wires, don't get much easier to change than that, they are expensive .

could also be a temp sensor, engine should run closer to 160 I would think.

if me I would do what Rod said and have the codes read, beats changing out parts for no reason, plus might need the scanner to clear a code once it is fixed.

Last edited:
Thank for all the advice. It's being winterized this weekend and will have it checked out. Great first year with the boat and motor.

FYI- Rinker 226BR -350 mag MPI.

Is it Idling poorly and/or starting hard? Most definitely IAC> The IAC valve for 06 5.7 350 mag mpi is available at you local auto parts store for about 68 bucks.
Ask for a IAC for a 2006 Ford Windstar. Identical part to Mercs part only not spray painted black. Half the price too. easy install too.

Back