Logo

Interceptor color????/

All of the 312's I have seen have been the light blue/green (but I have a feeling that some boat manufactures may have painted them different colors)... I searched and searched and there isn't anything close with a color code. We had a few pieces from an untouched engine that when cleaned up shined like new, so we took it to a local paint shop and had them do a custom color match. We did acrylic with a hardener and it has worked out great over the past 6 years of use on the first boat we did. I believe we still have some paint left, I could see about getting you a sample to send you that a local shop could match too if that helps!

Here is a picture of my 312 in my 1957 Century Resorter 18'
engine and decals.jpg

Steve

Hi Steve!
I think I met you a couple years ago at Muscatine. I love the way your engine looks! I actually have a copy of it saved in a file. That paint sample would be very helpful sometime. The "urgency" is a lot lower than a few weeks ago when I posted this. The boat I'm working on now is a 62 Correct Craft "Classic". Its one of their first 'glass production boats, and like many projects, keeps getting more inolved. I had originally pulled the engine to do a little re-wiring and paint the motor. One thing lead to another, and now the complete interior has been gutted. The PO had painted the boat and now plans are to re-paint the entire hull. Sooo, that wont be til next spring.

BTW, Last year I think I got an "Interceptor" decal from you for my 64 Correct Craft "American Skier" with an inline six. I just got the decal on this summer..(decided to get the original valve cover chromed) I had already sanded and buffed the aluminum exhust manifold, because of having to make a custom stainless steel adapter elbow for the Carter YH. . I dont have a pic of the decal yet, but here is one of the engine early this summer...

2038142180103439384S600x600Q85.jpg

I will try to get a pic with the decal, it really added the finishing touch!!! I get a lot of compliments on the engine.

BTW, are you planning to go to Lake Geneva next weekend? Depending on our schedule, we are thinking about it.
Thanks again,
Steve Workman

Steve,

you would be correct, you spoke with dad and I in Muscatine! Would love to see a pic of the engine with the decal on it when you get the chance! Email me directly with your mailing address and I will try and get a paint sample sent out to you this week! [email protected]

We won't be attending the Geneva show unfortunately... I am in the middle of doing a complete kitchen remodel, gotta finish the doors and drawers for the custom cabinets we are making.

Talk to you soon,

Steve
A2D-Designs.com

Back