Logo

Misfires at low speeds

reelman

I have a 1997 130 HP Johnson I replaces power head, clean cabs,replaces power pack,had cab adjusted,new VRO pump,new spark plugs, clean oil tank. Now when I shot the gas to her it wil go pushing a 20 ft angler no misfire are anything just runs good like 41 MPH hold on to your hat. When I slow it down it run on two three cyclnders why ? I put a timing light on all plug wires and it is fireing what is the deal. Could it be running to rich at idle or not getting enough air at low rpm. I do have some oil mixed in the gas tank from break in time. :confused:

you need to set your idle with the boat in fwd gear and at idle running free. is it a misfire or a sneeze? if sneeze turn idle screw left 1/8 turn at a time, if a cough turn idle screw 1/8 at a time to the right.

Thanks I will try that! Don't quiet know what you mean sneeze. All I know is when I run slow it run on two plugs and no back fireing it does stall sometime. I did turn the two scews the cab to the left 1/8 the lean/rich. Have not been on the water yet. Its got to be something simple becauce it run so good high speed.

Back