Logo

Constant Warning Buzzer on 2006 115HP Optimax.

NewtonQ2

I have a 2006, 115 Opitmax on a Nitro 482. When getting on plane the warning buzzer comes on load and constant. I shut it down the second it came on and conducted a visual inspection and could not find any issues. The oil reservoir is full and the water discharge is strong and steady. Attempted to get on plane @ aprox 1/2 throttle the buzzer DID NOT sound off again utill I went past 1/2 throttle aproximately 3000 RPM. I can make the alarm sound on/off by increasing/ decrasing throttle. Any ideas?

Over heat, Over speed or no oil flow will set of a continuous tone.(Beep)

Just because the water discharge is strong and steady, does not mean it is not running hot. You need to check the block and head temp with a IR Temp gun.

I had the impellar changed back in Arpil 2011 along with a routoine service. I talked to the Mercury Technician that services it. He was telling me it could be the water pump cup or the temp sending unit in the oil reservoir.

The oil level sensor usually does not go bad, the tank does. The float get saturated and no longer floats in the oil. That would cause a 4 beep alarm( Beep beep beep beep) and set you into guardian mode.
(There is not a temp sending unit in the oil res)

Again, Over heat, Over speed or no oil flow will set of a continuous tone.

Maybe it's time to take it to a merc tech.

Back