Logo

Marine Power 350 Will Not Start

Badcat

Almost too much to put here...but here I go...
Tige 2005, 24 hours total. 2 summers ago it was running rough, took it into the dealer for 20 hour check. They added stabilizer said it ran fine. I didn't get out that year. Last year went to start it up, but it wouldn't. The fuel pump would not engage. After weeks of diagnosis, replacing the circuit board that has the fuses in it and more diagnosis, the fuel pump still didn't engage. But the engine would fire if I squirted start fluid in it. This year I decided to tackle the problem again. After several weeks of diagnosis, I decided I had a problem with the ECM. So I sent it to Marine Power, and they pronounced it dead. Bought a new one, installed it. The fuel pump fired as soon as I turned on the key.

Now the engine wont start. I have fire to the plugs (pulled a wire, put in a plug, grounded it, cranked the engine). I tried using starting fluid, but nothing.

I know the 3 things are fuel, fire and compression.....but...not sure what is going on....any ideas...I am tapped out...

Thanks,

Well the boat is now running. Just kept trying to start it, and finally it did. I took it out on the lake yesterday, ran rough. Can't get over 3,000 RPM. My guess is the gas is not pristine! I ran it for about 90 minutes on the lake, but I still have over 15 gallons of gas. My plan is to burn it off, then start fresh.

you need to get and out board gas can dis your line where ever you can hook up the can and go out and run it on the lake see how it goes if good i would pump out that gas if it doesnt run good you got bad gas and some other fuel probs you need to pin it down

OK, so I siphoned off as much as I could, added some fuel injector cleaner and 10 gallons of premium....ran rough for a while...but got better..I could cruise at 3500 RPM no problem. 4000, and it would start to cut out and lose power....I used up most of the fuel.

I redid the same thing a few days later, this time going for fuel injector cleaner and 15 gallons of fuel....and it ran rough again, I couldn't really get over 3000 RPM's....My next step is to replace the fuel filter......I will post when that is done.

Thanks,

Back