Logo

how to replace the boot on the stern drive on a sunliner pleasure craft marine 4cyl inboard outboard

scotthoward

i need to know the procedure for removeing the sterndrive to replace the drive boot on 1987 pleasure craft sunliner 4 cyl inboard outboard any info would help

i need to know the procedure for removeing the sterndrive to replace the drive boot on 1987 pleasure craft sunliner 4 cyl inboard outboard any info would help

I have a similar problem with a torn boot on an 86 Galaxy with a 4 cylinder Mercruiser. Just gotthe boat. Can I put this in the water with a torn boot?

not unless you want to damage the internals of the drive....or sink the boat.....

BTW, Mercruiser specific questions usually get fastest answers when posted in the Mercruiser forum...

not unless you want to damage the internals of the drive....or sink the boat.....

BTW, Mercruiser specific questions usually get fastest answers when posted in the Mercruiser forum...

Mercruiser forum here I come. But...I am reading that the boot I had in mind is the exhaust bellows, which is more for directing exhaust into the water to muffle sound and isn’t water tight anyway. That said, might be wise to do a full bellows set replacement since the other bellows—if they leak—can indeed result in a trip to the bottom.

The exhaust boot isn't an issue, the larger one, above it, that protects the U-joints, is the one for concern....if the boat was stored with the drive up, a replacement would be in order.....store the boat with the drive down....also, any cracks (from age) warrant a replacement....

I know it's an old thread. But I'm in the same boat (literally, the same boat LOL). I need any information I can get on the PCM sterndrive, replacement bellows, service and removal information, etc. Anything you have on it would be greatly appreciated.

Back