Logo

Force 150 Starting Issues

vincorrie

Force 150 will not turn over with starter. Starter is new, new battery (450 CCA) and if you rap the flywheel with a cord and assist the starter, it starts right up! Does anyone know if buying a battery with more Cold Crank Amps would help? or, what might be the issue causing this?

Have you checked the battery? is it good? Have you tried to check voltage at the starter while turning over? .2 volts max drop allowed. allowed Connect red voltmeter lead to battary side of solenoid and black voltmeter lead to the starter side. Measure voltage with starter engaged. How is the resistance on the flywheel? Is it Normal?

If the battery's good then do a compression test.Remove all the plugs to do the test.Use a good screw-in tester.
New battery:could be bad(doubt it) or the starter is bad.The stuff they sell these days is Chinese and not really that good,poor at best.
Check all connections.The ground on the motor gets loose.Then inspect the cable any bad spots.The cable ends good?
Do the comp test and get back.Do a spark test too.J

Oh yea,fill out the profile.You might be close to someone who can help.

I now have the same Issue so i meter it out and was getting 10 volts so i thought is was the solenoid so I got a new one but is still the same and battery is good

Back