Logo

fishing mad.....

dibble

i have a 15 hp .. 4stroke honda outboard. not sure but i think its about 2005/2006. starts and runs fine for about 15mins and then stops.... much like if you pull out kill cord. if i leave it for a few mins it will start again but only runs for about another 15mins or so. could anyone please give me some sugestions as to wat could be the prolem.

Water in the fuel filter? It settles away from the filter, engine gets gas but the suction draws the water against the plastic media and starves the engine for fuel, engine stops. Wait a few and repeat the process. Change the fuel filter and the in tank filter, drain the carb. and give it a go again and see what happens.................

Lisa

Sounds like Lisa is on the right track. It is probably fuel or fuel delivery related. This sounds just like what can happen if you forget to open the fuel tank vent screw. Check that and you might want to even try running without the fuel tank cap on to see if the vent valve is plugged or something.

Other things to check would be the hose and primer bulb. They can break down internally and cause a "valving" action that can shut off fuel flow. Or, you could be sucking in air from a pinhole. Do you pump up the bulb each time this happens? If it's soft, then that could be a clue.

The fuel line connector is another place to look to make sure that the latch is secure and the valve pin is being fully depressed when the line is connected or you could be starving the engine for fuel.

HTHY,
jimmyd

i would like to say thank you all for your help and for such quick replys.... im sure your sugestions will be very helpful.

i would like to say thanks again ... i cleaned out the carb and put in a new in line fuel filter. my engine is going better than ever. filter only cost me 6euro.

6euro?? That's about $463 US now isn't it?;)
Goodonya dibble glad to see that you fixed it. Thanks for letting us know what it took.
jimmyd

Back