Logo

replacing the fuel/water filter

guapo

I have recently replaced the water separator filters and I just assumed that as I cranked the engines the fuel would be sucked into the filters. Alas, no. Do I need to prime these somehow? As they are in 3 parts I cannot fill them until I have installed them and while there seems to be a bolt on top of each I am not sure that is the way to go. <br><br>The filters have a cast alum. top, the filter and then a glass bowl.... ya, I know, not legal anymore.... and a cast bottom.<br><br>Is it possible the fuel tank vents are plugged? Unlikely that both at once would plug up. <br><br><br>Any info would be greatly appreciated.<br><br><br>Thanks

fill the fuel separators with fuel to top and then start priming..once you get the engine going..it should start flowing from the fuel tanks...

ok, two problems..... these are 3 part filters... two gaskets with a mounting bolt going straight through the middle. They are not liquid proof until they are bolted in place. This is an inboard application so there are no priming bulbs as with an outboard engine. And to top it all off, they do not have a filler port on the top of the unit (which would have made sense even if dangerous)

I do appreciate your reply though.... I wasn't sure that this forum was even valid anymore.... yours is the first in months since the posting.

btw. I am on the other coast of canada.

Do you know of any other forums that are more active? I have googled almost everything that I can think of and have had zero luck.

Thanks,

Guapo (Deryl)

Back