Logo

White watery discharge from port engine

rejma0415

Hi all,

First post, new member.. I have a 1990 Mainship 35 Open, 2x 454 FWC v-drives. Boat runs great, but when I first start the port engine after having it sit for a week or so, it discharges a milky white exhaust water (exhaust vents above the waterline). After a 15 seconds, it stops and everything is ok. Oil does NOT appear to have any water in it, oil pressures are great, temps are great, motor sounds great. GLM Manifolds and risers are 3-4 years old. I figure if it was a head gasket it would be continuous. (?) U-Cooler maybe?

Thanx!

Randy

You right. It probably is the U-cooler leaking. Before purchasing you should have it removed and taken to any radiator shop and have it pressure checked to make sure the problem is that.
crusader part #97878 $220.00 Sea-Bay Marine, Inc 954-320-4918

LOL!! No, it's only a couple years old.. I may have been lax in changing zinc pencils adequately though, pretty bad at that actually. It was a project boat from '07-08, so everything has been replaced, and in the case of the u coolers, twice. H.E.s were replaced in '08 too. That's not to say the U doesn't have a pinhole or something but it's certainly not 22 y.o..

If it is a head gasket, wouldn't it be contstant white?

In that case, I'd do a pressure test on the HE, on the engine. Use a radiator type pressure pump to about 7psi on a warm engine. If that shows no leak and both the transmission and engine oils do not drop and are not milky, maybe it's not a big issue.

I haven't had a chance to even chek that out yet. I'm shooting for labor day weekend now. That whole "working for a living" really cuts into my goofing off time!

I have similar milky discharge. Oil, tranny and internal cooling systems are as they should be with no contamination or levels up or down. 220 crusader. Changed head gasket and problem went away. After a couple months, the milky was back.

I have similar milky discharge. Oil, tranny and internal cooling systems are as they should be with no contamination or levels up or down. 220 crusader. Changed head gasket and problem went away. After a couple months, the milky was back.

Wow 3 years later! What a blast from the past! I fixed the head gasket problem permanently by selling the boat! :)

Back