Logo

Help! Can't find parts for 1992 Nissan NS15B2.

OutboardNovice

I bought a 1992 Nissan NS15B2, two stroke, back when it was new. It has been a great purchase. Although it still looks good, I have unfortunately neglected it over the past few years. I can't seem to get the carburetor working. I've tried to find a rebuild kit on-line or even a replacement carb, but have been unsuccessful. The part number for the carburetor is 39703-1002M I've been told they have suspended making them and sold out at severalareas I've checked. Does anyone know for sure where I could locate a kit?

I also want to replace the fuel lines, but these too are no longer make or in stock with anyone. Are older Nissan owners doomed to this fate?

Lastly, does anyone know of other issues a motor may experience from sitting for long periods of time I should check on?

Thanks for your help,
Outboard Novice

That motor could have one of two carbs, depends on serial number. One had a round bowl, and the other a hex or octagon bowl. Neither are available any more. No kits, either. Possibly 1 or 2 internal bits for the newer carb. So you have to clean up what you have. The standard internal fuel line is available by the meter from any dealer. The primer hoses are available from any dealer.

Sitting with fuel in the carb results in varnishing, which requires a disassembly and carb dip for 4 hours, followed by a blow out and reassembly, with float height adjustment, then pilot adjustment.

Motors that sit, especially in a damp area can seize. The rubber bits dry rot, and the seals go bad.

Back