Logo

Best Bilge pump switch?

tuna_man

Regular Contributor
Who makes the most reliable switches?

I have recently installed approx 150 Rule RM1100-24 and RM1100-24A automatic bilge pumps.

The internal level switches are not reliable, Ive had about 40 failures. (and increasing).

My plan is fit external swiches, to the same pumps.

Ive been googlin for two days now, read lotsa feedback, so i do wish to use a rule float switch.

Pumps are not installed in boats, they are installed in underground pits.

Im using them as sump pumps, for fresh water (drinking, ground and storm water).

Ive been advised to be cautious with electronic switches in fresh (not salt) water.

Im considering:
Johnson 34-1900-24V
Water Witch 101 or 230 (24vdc)
Ultra Safety Systems UPS-06 Mini
Sure Bail
Any suggestions appreciated.

Kindest regards, Mark Gunning.
Sydney.

pvc pipe inside pvc pipe/// larger pipe or casing holes will need to drilled to allow water in, smaller interior pipe cap both ends water rises small pipe rises simply add contacts to the two pipes,copper is a good conducter. air switches from a hot tub were used to design a relible means to controll two trolling motors mounted on trim tabs this is now sold as troll n tabs. place air pressure tube below water line air pressure increses as water rises. pressure switch can stay high n dry. I have all sorts of ideas but im not sure what your system requires. you might look into sewage sump pump switches.

If not in a marine application, why the 24 vdc? Just curious.

There are many different types of float switches available for commercial and residential use, if that works for your application.
I'm not sure, but they may not care whether it's AC or DC current!

Just a thought!

Back